- AP News
- Abc News
have a rest; take a rest; rest; break; recess
break recess relax repose rest
1. Bunbury flopped down upon the bed and rested his tired feet.
2. The goalkeeper was stretchered off just before half-time with a rib injury.
3. Relax and take a breather whenever you feel that you need one.
4. Take a well-earned rest and go out and enjoy yourself.
5. "You're worn out, Laura," he said. "Go home and get some rest."
6. Mr Annan took a short break before resuming his schedule.
7. The goal that decided the match came just before the interval.
8. The band continued with their set after a short break.
9. What I wanted, more than anything, was a few days' rest.
10. Weddings are so much hassle that you need a good break afterwards.